July 18, 2008

regrets III: let it be

my blog feels cramped and crowded.

my best blog-worthy thoughts always come while i am driving. i wish i could blog and drive at the same time but i have a hard enough time listening to music and driving at the same time.

i semi-like that my dad reads my blog and i know about it but i also mostly hate it. [don't feel bad dad!] and that right there is the reason why. i feel like i have to censor my feelings or thoughts because i don't want him to read it. but i semi-like it because i think its about time my dad knew some of my thoughts and feelings. [right dad!?]

i haven't updated in a while and i hate when that happens because then i don't know how to start again.

manda said that my blog sometimes reminds her of a younger version of herself. so now i feel all this conflicting pressure to: a. either prove to her that i am myself and unique! or b. that my blog is more like a younger version of her than she thinks. !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well - the nice thing about thoughts is that even though we have them, they are not always right. Sometimes we think that because we have a thought or a feeling - it MUST be right and proper.

Perhaps the challenge of mortality is to censor our thoughts and feelings until we KNOW and have confirmation from the HG that they are right ... at that point, our feelings and thoughts will need no censoring ....

manda said...

I just mean that it is familiar feelings, and that through every stage of any woman's life there are going to be familiarities. I recently had the older sister of one of my friends tell me that my blog does this for her, nostalgia maybe. Your experiences and feelings are completely unique to who you are, but they also enable us to have common ground, not just us as in you and I, but people in general!