March 01, 2008

broken and torn

the other night, i had a dream about two people that i do not know. a boy and a girl. i have only seen them in pictures of people i hardly know. it was dark outside and i was leaving the library. outside of the library was a hill much like the types of hills you sit on to watch fireworks. in fact, there were tons of people out there sitting on blankets and talking. it was dark outside so maybe they were stargazing. i knew i was supposed to be looking for someone but i got distracted by these two people i don't know but have seen in pictures. in my dream, we had the same relationship that we have in real life: i have seen them in pictures and they probably don't know i exist. but i saw them as i was looking for someone and all i wanted was for them to talk to me. i remember changing my facial expression and my walk in order to attract him to me. i wasn't so much worried about her; somehow in my dream, i was very confident that she would want to talk to me but i was not so confident about him. i walked by once and he watched me but she was distracted. i pretended to have dropped something and i turned around and he called out to me and handed me a book. i thanked him for the book and he asked me my name. she told me to sit down and we were instant friends. they were both a lot older than me. probably in real life as well as in the dream. i felt as though they were my parents or my older siblings. except for the fact that i wanted him to hold my hand. he put his arm around me and we lied there waiting for the show in the sky, or the stars, or whatever we were there for.

i forgot about that dream until just now when i saw a picture of both of them again. and all those feelings i had for both of them in my dream came rushing back. i feel like she is my much older sister, maybe even a mother figure for me. and he... well i just have this huge dream induced crush on him. so weird.

No comments: