March 06, 2008

dear sons and daughters

i love the relationship of "best friend." someone that is always there for you, there to cheer you up when you fail a test, there to bad mouth your ex when you get dumped, there to sit on a couch, eat ice cream, and watch lifetime with you when you're lonely. tonight i was my own best friend. i liked that just as much. [i really am embracing being alone and i'm beginning to become a recluse.] i went to macey's and luckily found this delicious ice cream.


toasted coconut sesame brittle.

i think that basically all the best friends i have ever had, minus a few, i have ruined by being TOO much of a best friend and then getting angry when they don't return the gestures. not that they aren't also being my best friend- just that i do so much that they don't even ask for and expect equal if not more in return.

congrats to my two best friends who i haven't managed to hate so far!

3 comments:

ae said...

i am really really hoping that i am one of those exceptions, but i mean you dont have to tell me either way, because if im not that would a really awkward thing to have to tell me. i love you and you are MY best friend

Amanda said...

reading that made me sad. i hope you never hated me for that.

Kelsey said...

I'm not a creepy stalker and you probably have no idea who I am but I always read your blog and I always relate to it. I've been reading it for months. So thank you for entertaining me and saying things that I always think about!