February 19, 2008

we have the past to remind us of love chivalrous and grand

last week, i left my grandpa at the provo cemetery. i went to go get him back today but with all the snow, i couldn't see him. i was just going to leave but then i saw an office. i went in there and asked if there was an easy way to find my grandfather. they gave me a map.

i finally found him.

he didn't want to come back with me though. [he said he was comfortable in his mound of dirt.] i hadn't really been expecting him to. i just wanted to tell him thank you. i didn't take anything to give him so i tried to give him the map. he told me to keep it in case i got lost the next time i wanted to visit him. i thanked him profusely.

i cried all along center street as i drove home. windows down. music up. tears unsuppressed.

No comments: