February 01, 2008

we've still got time

A few things made my day today:

1. Therapist. He was so understanding and kind and as new and different as that whole situation was for me, I think I liked it.

2. Dad! Oh my. Can that man be any more in tune with the spirit? I think not! I received a wonderful email from him today that said absolutely EVERY thing that I needed to hear. Without me even telling him that I was having a hard time! "Mom has a real self-image problem and takes things way too personally. Do not think poorly of yourself - you are a wonderful YW and we love you. I think mom grew up being told she was no good and for some reason believed it." My father is the most wonderful man I know.

3. Radiohead- Idioteque. I know I've talked about this song maybe a million times before either on here or in real life or whatever. But WHOA. It does not stop changing my life. Never never.

4. The Band- The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down. Thanks Mike. Amazing.

5. Writing my personal narrative. Somehow, writing about Ashley's accident really put everything that I'm feeling into perspective. I mean, sure I'm having some rough times, but I'm not paralyzed or handicapped in any way. Ashley is and somehow, that child is the most kind, loving, caring, happy, beautiful little girl I have ever and probably will ever meet. She is an inspiration for me.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

someone at david's house read my blog. gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!