January 16, 2008

no more. no more. please. no more.

i didn't ask you her name. because i knew the tone that your voice would take. i knew the smile that would curl around the letters of her name. i knew the sparkle that would light up your eyes as you heard yourself say her name. i knew the way your fingers would tappity tap on your leg because of the excitement her name makes you feel. i knew the way your foot would subconsciously beat out the syllables of her name.
you sang that song and waited. waited. waited for me to ask. i couldn't bring myself to give you that pleasure.

"that was beautiful."


your crestfallen face and motionless limbs affirmed my suspicions that it would not have been my name.
and my compliment could never be enough.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

i just wrote a really long and pointless blog.

aftonicole said...

I didn't know you or bonnie had blogs! saweet! we should get together and do something! you all definatly have to come to my bachelorette party!