January 18, 2008

and maybe like we used to be

I’m becoming a bag lady. And I’m not even bothered by that. In fact, I’m a little relieved. I always wondered what I would become. And now that I know I’m destined to be a bag lady, maybe I’ll be able to sleep at night. This morning, I moved into my bag. It felt good. An extra sweatshirt, a scarf, a notebook, a computer, an iPod, some breakfast, a little snack for before lunch, a wallet, a textbook, AND STILL MORE ROOM! Would someone like to move into my bag with me? I promise I’ll keep my part of the bag clean.


Don't you want to be part of this?!

Today as I walked through the drifting snow, I thought to myself, “I wonder if I look as beautiful in this snow as I feel…” and then I watched the people around me to see if they were as beautiful in the snow as I felt and they were! Every single one of them! So then I thought to myself, “this snow makes me feel as if nothing can go wrong. Like I just drank some Felix Felicis that Harry Potter gave me and everything is going my way.” Then I realized that since I was in this unbreakable wonderful mood, I should call my mom. Perfect right? Not quite. She didn’t answer. I’m going to assume that she wasn’t home and she left her cell phone in her car. That’s completely plausible so I don’t have to do much persuading to convince myself of that. And so still, this mood is incorruptible.

No comments: